- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1.5 cups boiling hot filtered water (depending on which method you use)
- Add raw cashews and boiling hot filtered water to a 2-cup glass measuring cup with pour spout (or any glass bowl or container).
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours at room temperature. The longer you allow them to soak in the water the more they will soften and the more water they will absorb and swell. If time, longer is better for most recipes. Usually one hour is best but if you are extremely rushed for time then 30 minutes can work in a pinch.
- After soaking is complete, pour water through a strainer and rinse the soaked cashews thoroughly with fresh tap water. Now, you are ready to use the soaked cashews in your favorite recipes.
- Do not allow cashews to over-soak and get slimy/gel-like.
Water should be boiling hot for best results.
I like to use filtered water for the best taste/flavor. I find when I use tap water that gets absorbed into the cashews and I taste the tap water in the final recipe results.
I recommend using soaked cashews right away for best results. Always look for signs of spoilage before using.
- Prep Time: 5
Keywords: how to quick soak cashews