- Cut a ghost shape out of one slice of bread. Cut one side of the full slide and just one side of the slice with the cutout ghost in the center (the edges around the ghost). Save the cut out ghost for the below recipe for ghost toast!
- For the full slice of bread with no cutout, place butter side down on skillet over medium heat. Do the same with the slice of bread with the ghost cutout in the middle. You will end up putting these two slices together in a moment.
- Spread mozzarella cheese overtop only the full slice of bread in one even layer as the other side of the slice sears.
- Place the leftover bread (with the ghost cutout in the middle) overtop the full slice of bread with no cutout. Make sure the butter side/seared side is facing up. Allow the grilled cheese ghost sandwich to continue to cook another minute or two to allow the cheese to melt into the top slice and help hold the sandwich together. Take the grilled cheese off the burner and decorate with black olive slices to make a ghost face if desired.
- For the actual ghost cutout you can save this for the recipe below. Or, you can spread the mozzarella cheese overtop the ghost cut out too. You can place this piece in a toaster oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit to cook it and melt the cheese until golden brown. Then decorate it with the black olives for the ghost face too.
Keywords: ghost grilled cheese