This post includes an amazing plant-based, gluten-free recipe from Green Chef plus a full and honest review of my experience with Green Chef. Green Chef is a meal delivery service with ingredients that are all 100% USDA organic certified. They provide gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, paleo and family-friendly meal delivery options. Their pricing is reasonable (each vegan Green Chef dinner for two is only $11.99 per meal). And great news! My loyal readers can click here to receive an exclusive discount offer for $50 off your first box!
Green Chef sent me a weekly package with three vegan meals and my favorite recipe is featured at the bottom of this post. You can definitely make this at home with your own ingredients. Or, try a week with Green Chef for more healthy meals like this one.
My experience with Green Chef was incredible and I want to list out all the reasons I fell in love.
- Most important for me is the taste. I thought all three recipes had amazing flavor and my husband agreed they were all delicious. Not to mention each recipe was different in terms of the type of cuisine. I loved using fun and different ingredients that I wouldn’t normally buy. I felt like the experience exposed me to new foods, new recipes and new cooking methods.
- All three recipes were approachable and easy to make even for someone without formal cooking training or lessons. The recipe cards had step-by-step instructions with accompanying pictures. The time estimates for each step were accurate and the flow of the instructions allowed each meal to be ready in under 35 minutes from start to finish. Super efficient.
- The meals were incredibly healthy and loaded with veggies and plant-based protein. Oftentimes vegan meals can be heavy on the carbs. I loved their emphasis on vegetables. I felt like I ate more vegetables in those three nights than I normally do in a week!
- I loved knowing that every single ingredient was 100% USDA organic. Their food is sustainably sourced and they never allow synthetic pesticides. There are no artificial ingredients, genetically modified organisms or growth hormones or antibiotics.
- As you can see in the image below the packaging was excellent. All ingredients were clearly labeled and I knew which ingredient went with each of the three recipes because they were color coded.
- Everything about the delivery experience was excellent. You can select the day and time you want and an alert is sent to you upon delivery. My box arrived on time. It was well packaged and insulated so that even if I wasn’t home to accept it when it arrived it would have stayed fresh. All packaging was eco-friendly and they include reusable ice packs with every order so you get free ice packs too with each box! Bonus! 🙂
- The ingredients were super fresh and high quality. I’m pretty picky about my produce and I was very pleased with each and every item.
- All common food allergens were well labeled on the recipe cards. So if a sauce or food item contained tree nuts, wheat or soy it was easy to identify.
My only feedback is that one of the three recipes (BBQ Seitan Stir-Fry) contained soy and since I have a soy-allergy I had to make some minor adjustments. It was all workable and something that most vegans would not care about. But if you are a soy-free vegan like me then you will need to review the weekly menu before placing your order. Another thing to note is that not all vegan recipes are also gluten-free. For example, the Vegan Mac n Cheese used whole wheat noodles and breadcrumbs. I was able to swap in my gluten-free noodles and gluten-free breadcrumbs for that recipe. Again, something to look out for before placing your order for the week.
But overall, despite these allergen issues I loved the overall experience of cooking and eating each meal!
Below is my favorite recipe from Green Chef. It is vegan, gluten-free and soy-free so it should work for all my followers! It has so much flavor and I would definitely make it again! Enjoy!Print
Harissa-Roasted Mushrooms with Quinoa, Parsnip & Spinach Salad North African spices star in this nourishing bowl. Bell peppers and mushrooms – cremini and portobello – are seasoned with harissa and fresh thyme. Roasted to a tender finish, they’re served over a quinoa salad strewn with parsnips, tomatoes, and baby spinach. A tahini-based tarator sauce (with garlic and lemon juice) adds delicious delicate, nutty notes on top.
- Green Chef Ingredients
- 1 ½ handfuls cremini mushrooms
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- Harissa spice blend*
- 14–15 sprigs parsley
- 10–12 sprigs thmye
- 2 parsnips
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 1 lemon
- Tarator sauce**
- From your pantry
- cooking oil (I used avocado oil but you can use extra virgin olive oil)
- Click here for full recipe instructions from Green Chef.
Recipe serves two and contains 480 calories per serving
*Harissa spice blend is prepared by Green Chef but to make at home combine 1 teaspoon harissa, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
**Tarator sauce is prepared by Green Chef but to make it at home blend 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 tablespoons water, pinch of pepper, 2 teaspoons agave, 1/3 cup tahini, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seeds and 2 teaspoons unsweetened coconut milk.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: North African
I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.