A thick and creamy smoothie bowl for all the Disney Frozen lovers out there! This nutritious and veggies-filled Frozen inspired smoothie bowl is dairy-free and dye-free.
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (coconut, oat or cashew milk also work)
- 1.5 cups frozen riced cauliflower or 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 1/4 cup raw slivered almonds or raw cashews (makes it creamy and adds body)
- 4 large pitted Medjool dates or 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon blue majik powder (for color) (plus 1/2 teaspoon more for the middle section/layer)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Garnish with homemade coconut whipped cream if desired. More garnish ideas below in recipe instruction #3.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour half the smoothie into a bowl and then add more blue majik powder to make a deeper blue for the center of the bowl (another 1/2 teaspoon or more if desired). Gently spoon the deeper blue smoothie into the center of the smoothie bowl and swirl with a spoon or chopstick.
- Garnish with unsweetened shredded coconut, dye-free blue and white star sprinkles, fresh or frozen blueberries, dusting of blue majik powder, a dragonfruit cut into a snowflake shape and/or a drizzle of melted coconut manna (coconut butter). Serve immediately.
I like to add the ice at the end once all the ingredients have combined well.
Because this smoothie bowl is extra thick I used the blender’s tamper/plunger to push the ingredients into the blades and get it going.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Frozen Inspired Smoothie