- 1, 13.5 ounce can full-fat coconut milk, chilled in advance then use the top solid white portion only (1 can should yield ~ 1 1/4 cup coconut cream)
- 1 cup raw, unsalted, pre-soaked cashews*
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (room temperature is best here)
- 1 large juicy lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Open your chilled can of full-fat unsweetened coconut milk. Use a spoon to scoop out only the top solid white portion of the can. You can save the coconut water on the bottom for smoothies.
- Add the solid white coconut cream, cashews, maple syrup, lemon zest and juice, melted coconut oil, vanilla and salt to a high speed blender and blend on low speed for a couple seconds. Then, gradually increase the speed to the highest setting for about thirty seconds until the frosting is perfectly smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrap down the sides of the blender with a mini spatula to make sure all the cashews get blended into the icing.
- If you are having trouble getting the icing perfectly smooth use your blender's tamper until it blends easily. You could add a splash of water but just keep in mind that the more water you add the thinner the frosting will be.
- Transfer to frosting to a an airtight container and refrigerate for 24 hours to allow it to thicken.
- The final result will be thick enough to pipe or use as a frosting on cupcakes.
- Use on baked items that have fully cooled to room temperature or colder. For best results, store any iced baked goods in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender