This smoothie makes me feel like I’m on vacation. Sweet and tropical frozen pineapple chunks are blended into a thick, creamy, refreshing and luxurious smoothie that is 100% raw, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and refined-sugar free (with a nut-free option).
As everyone in my life knows, I have smoothies daily. Smoothies are an easy way to get extra vitamins, minerals and fiber. This smoothie provides an extra boost of vitamin C to help combat colds and flu, sickness and germs. Plus, it is loaded with ingredients to help keep your digestion system happy (never a bad thing).
Pineapple provides fiber and is excellent for digestion. Plus, pineapple is high in vitamin C. Flaxseed also provides fiber so it aids in digestion as well. And, flaxseed offers important heart healthy fats. Cashews makes the smoothie super creamy while offering plant-based protein. Dates naturally sweeten the smoothie. Vanilla flavored almond milk keeps it creamy and, well, vanilla-y. Altogether this 5-ingredient smoothie is nutritious, fun and easy to make.
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know! Comment below or post a picture on Instagram and be sure to use the #eatingbyelaine hashtag. I would really love to see what your smoothies looks like. Enjoy!
p.s. – I’m on snapchat now. Follow eatingbyelaine to peek inside my kitchen and see what I’m eating.Print
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (or sub hemp seeds for a nut-free version)
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional for more vanilla flavor)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. You may need to allow the pineapple chunks to thaw out slightly if the smoothie doesn’t blend well at first. This recipe is intended to make a thicker smoothie.
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: Breakfast