- 1, 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil (I prefer avocado oil)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (make sure it is runny and not hardened)
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For garnish I use a sprinkle of paprika, drizzle of olive oil and minced fresh parsley. You can also reserve a few chickpeas to place on top as garnish as well.
- Place all ingredients in a 3-cup mini food processor and process until smooth and creamy. I let the motor run for about 1 minute to ensure it is extra creamy. Stop to scrap down the sides with a mini spatula if needed. If you want to thin out the hummus, add warm water 1 tablespoon at a time. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as you see fit.
- Serve immediately with freshly cut veggies, chips or pita wedges. Or, use hummus as a sandwich spread. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. To freshen, just stir.
- Category: Appetizer