…that just happened to be gluten-free AND vegan (horray!)
Guys, I’m so incredibly excited to share this cookie recipe with you. Using just almond flour as the base I have created the perfect and most decadent gluten-free and vegan cookie recipe. Slightly crispy on the outside and oh-so soft and chewy on the inside. They don’t crumble and they absolutely do not taste gluten-free. Pour yourself a icy cold glass of almond milk and enjoy this tasty treat! Why? Because, treat yo self!
The cookie batter comes together quickly and bakes in just 8 minutes. I love making these with my toddler although we typically eat a lot of the batter (it is completely irresistible, you’ll see) and instead of 12 cookies we only end up with 9 cookies for baking. Oops!
A bit about almond meal/flour: Almond meal is finely ground whole almonds (with skin on), and almond flour is ground blanched almonds (skinless). Both are gluten-free. When used in baked goods such as cookies, this flour adds moisture and a sweet, nutty taste. It is a healthful option for gluten-free baking that is low in carbohydrates and high in protein (six grams in one serving). Almond meal is a good source of fiber, vitamin E and magnesium. It also provides iron and calcium (60 milligrams in one serving). To extend its shelf life, store it in the refrigerator.
A super easy gluten-free and vegan cookie recipe that will satisfy your warm cookie cravings. Grab a cold glass of almond milk and enjoy!
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, brown sugar, chocolate, flaxseed, baking powder and salt.
- Add the melted butter, almond milk and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet with a 1 inch space between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
- Category: Dessert