This easy vegan salad is perfect for summer travel or potlucks. It is colorful, flavorful and full of fiber and plant-based protein. I love to eat it plain but it can also be enjoyed in a salad or wrap of any kind (gluten-free wraps, collard greens, lettuce wraps etc.). I love to make a batch to keep me fueled for long summer outings with my family. It travels well since it is meat-free so you don’t have to worry too much about the heat. This recipe is very forgiving so feel free to swap whatever veggies you have on hand. Sometimes I add shredded carrots, green onions, shallots or even diced green apples. You can also leave out the quinoa and just double up on the chickpeas.
I hope this recipe inspires you to to try out chickpea salad. If you give this recipe a try, please let me know by leaving a comment and rating it! And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine so I can see!Print
An easy and flavorful vegan salad full of plant-based protein and fiber. It is crunchy and satisfying in a wrap, sandwich or all by itself!
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 6 radishes, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, diced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher. You don’t want to over mash them. To create a nice texture, it works well to leave some whole and some mashed.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days. Serve chilled on gluten-free bread, wraps or crackers. This salad can also be enjoyed plain or wrapped in collard greens or lettuce wraps.
- Category: Lunch