Blender Vegan Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping are the perfect, fluffy baked good to have on your counter. They’re a delicious breakfast, a satisfying snack, and a favorite of everyone who tries one! This recipe is free of refined sugars, dairy, eggs and gluten.
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 small red apple, cored, skin on, chopped (about 1.5 cups when chopped)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 additional peeled red apple, cored and finely diced (measures 1 cup when finely diced)
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- 1/3 cup pure maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold vegan butter
- melted coconut butter (for drizzling overtop muffins after baking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with silicone baking cups or grease.
- In a blender, add oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Blend from low to high until a fine flour forms and no whole oats remain. Pour the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse out the blender and add maple syrup, milk, oil, chopped apple and vanilla. Blend until completely smooth. Pour into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Whisk until well incorporated and no clumps remain. Gently fold in the chopped apples.
- Transfer the muffin batter to the muffin tin until each baking cup is full. Set aside.
- To make the streusel topping, in a small bowl whisk together the maple sugar and cinnamon. Add the cold butter and use a fork to mash it throughout until evenly distributed. It should be crumbly and easy to sprinkle with your fingers. Use your fingers to sprinkle the streusel topping overtop each muffin.
- Place the muffin tin on the middle rack of your oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After baking is complete move the muffin tin to a cooling rack to rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes transfer the muffins out of the muffin tin/silicone cups to cool for another 10 minutes.
- Optional: Drizzle melted coconut butter overtop if desired.
- Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers once fully cooled to room temperature in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days. Or freeze up to 2 months. Before enjoying return to room temperature or warm slightly.
- Category: Breakfast or Snack
- Method: Blender and Oven
Keywords: blender vegan apple muffins