This light and refreshing quinoa salad is full of flavor and incredibly satisfying. It is bursting with fresh clean ingredients and makes the perfect plant-based meal or side dish for picnics or outdoor gatherings. You can add chickpeas or avocado for a more filling meal.
I find the textures and flavors to be completely addictive. The dressing is tangy, creamy and slightly sweet. It pairs beautifully with the red onions, olives, cucumber, tomato and fresh parsley.
This recipe is incredibly simple. It only requires six ingredients plus the easy dressing. It is healthy and perfect for anyone keeping a vegan and gluten-free diet.
This simple, plant-based dish is full of fresh, clean ingredients and bursting with loads of Mediterranean flavor. It is incredibly satisfying. You can add chickpeas and/or avocado for a more filling entree if desired.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (learn my secret to making perfectly cooked quinoa here)
- 1.5 cup diced red onions (from about 1/2 large red onion)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (skin peeled before dicing if desired)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Suggested additions for a more filling dish: diced avocado and/or chickpeas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini (make sure it is runny and not hardened)
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cooked quinoa (chilled or room temperature not hot), red onions, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small glass bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well combined and creamy. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as desired. You may want to add fresh lemon juice. Pour the dressing on top of the quinoa salad and stir well to combine. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you want to prep this ahead of time you can mix together all the ingredients and pour the dressing on just before serving. If you let the dressing sit on the quinoa overnight it will get slightly soggy.
- Category: Entree or Side Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean