But how!? The answer is…avocado!
Avocado?? Yes. I was skeptical at the thought of avocado and chocolate together in one dish. While I love both independently, I wasn’t sure how they would jive together. I can honestly say (and my husband wholeheartedly agrees) this mousse is so silky, creamy and velvety… it is hard to believe there is no heavy cream or egg in the ingredients list. It is full of decadent chocolate flavor and yet it is raw, gluten-free and vegan. And it isn’t loaded with sugar – only 2 tablespoons of sweetener in the whole batch.
So what is in it exactly? Heart healthy avocado and unsweetened cocoa powder. Plus, almond milk, vanilla, a touch of sweetness from agave, organic cane sugar and a pinch of salt. This decadent dessert is sure to make your sweetheart swoon this Valentine’s Day.
It is the easiest and quickest dessert out there so you can quickly whip it up for your heartthrob without any stress. No oven, no stove and no fancy kitchen tools.
Garnish the mousse with fresh raspberries for an elegant presentation that is sure to impress. Or, use it as a dip for fresh fruit such as bananas, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries. You can feel good knowing the ingredients in this luxurious mousse are truly healthful and beneficial. Happy early Valentine’s Day!
Health Benefits of Avocado: The amazingly creamy avocado contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fat and nutrients that actually reduce your cholesterol levels, promote healthy vision and potentially protect against cancer. They contain folate, vitamins E, C, and B6. Plus, they are high in dietary fiber – great for overall heart health and digestion. And, avocados contain 60% more potassium per ounce than bananas!Print
- 1/2 avocado (chilled in the refrigerator prior to using)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or rice milk, hemp milk, soy milk) – chilled in the refrigerator prior to using
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Place all ingredients in mini food processor and process until smooth. You may need to use a mini spatula to scrape down the edges of the food processor to help get everything incorporated.
- You can enjoy immediately or store in refrigerator and enjoy for 2-3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Raw