This chocolate mousse is the easiest dessert out there so you can quickly whip it up without any stress. No oven, no stove and no fancy kitchen tools.
I’m going to be completely upfront and let you know that the base of this dish is avocado. Now you might be skeptical about the idea of avocado and chocolate together in one dish (stay with me here). While I love both independently, I too wasn’t sure how they would jive together. But, I can honestly say (and my family wholeheartedly agrees) this pudding is so silky, creamy and velvety… it is hard to believe there is no dairy, heavy cream or egg in the ingredient list. This mousse is full of decadent chocolate flavor and yet it is raw, gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free.
So what is in it exactly? Mainly, heart healthy avocado and cacao powder [read about the health benefits here]. Plus, non-dairy milk, vanilla, a touch of sweetness from maple syrup and a pinch of salt. You can garnish the mousse with cacao nibs [read about the health benefits here], dark chocolate shavings, fresh raspberries or strawberries for an elegant presentation that is sure to impress. Or, use it as a dip for fresh fruit such as bananas, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries. You can feel good knowing the ingredients in this luxurious mousse (slash pudding) are truly healthful and beneficial.
Below is a quick video showing how easy it is to make this dessert:
If you would like to subscribe to my Eating by Elaine YouTube channel click here. You will receive email update when I upload new recipe videos to my channel. You can also find this chocolate mousse recipe video on YouTube here.
And to give you even more reason to fall in love with this dessert…here are the health benefits of avocado: The amazingly creamy avocado contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fat and nutrients that actually reduce your cholesterol levels, promote healthy vision and potentially protect against cancer. They contain folate, vitamins E, C, and B6. Plus, they are high in dietary fiber – great for overall heart health and digestion. And, avocados contain 60% more potassium per ounce than bananas!
If you give this dessert a try, let me know by leaving a comment and rating it! And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram so we can be chocolate buds. Happy early Valentine’s Day, friends!Print
raw, vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free, corn-free, coconut-free
- 1 ripe avocado [chilled in the refrigerator prior to using – the riper the better]
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, plain non-dairy milk [chilled in the refrigerator prior to using]
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Garnish: cacao nibs or dark chocolate shavings
- Place all ingredients in mini food processor and process until creamy and smooth. You may need to use a mini spatula to scrape down the edges of the food processor to help get everything incorporated.
- You can enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- Category: dessert