Creamy Vegan Black Bean Dip
Black bean dip is the perfect spicy, creamy dip that is incredibly satisfying. It is naturally dairy-free and full of healthy ingredients. Black beans are considered a legume and part of both the protein and vegetable group. They also provide dietary fiber and important nutrients such as iron and zinc. I love their texture when pureed and they absorb flavor well.
This zesty dip is perfect for serving with raw veggies or chips. It can even be used as a healthy spread for your sandwich or wrap.
How to make a black bean dip?
This recipe for black bean dip really couldn’t be easier to make! From raw ingredients to having a creamy, flavorful dip takes just 5 minutes. This recipe is really as simple as adding all of the ingredients to your food processor and processing until you reach your desired creaminess and smoothness.
You can easily adjust the flavor of the dip after processing it. Add some more lime juice for some extra tang or sweeten the dip with a touch more agave, it really is up to you!
After tasting and adjusting the black bean dip in the food processor, you can scoop it into a bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro and red onion. That’s it! Your creamy vegan black bean dip is ready to serve.
Other great dips and snack recipes to try out!
- Easy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Agave-Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Creamy Lemon Dill White Bean Dip
- Black-Eyed Pea Hummus Dip
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Crispy Cauliflower Poppers
- Vegan Warm Nacho Dip (nut-free)
I hope this recipe inspires you to incorporate black bean dip into your appetizer/spread rotation. If you give this recipe a try, please let me know by leaving a comment and rating it! And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine so I can see!Print
This vegan dip comes together quite easily. It is super creamy and full of robust flavor from the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic and lime.
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 jalapeno (~ 1 tablespoon diced), seeds removed*
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained (~ 15 ounces)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon agave**
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in food processor in the order listed above. Puree until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Serve with your favorite veggies (such as radishes and carrots) or chips.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, avocado and red onion if desired.
* The amount of jalapeno you use is very personal depending on how spicy you like your food. If you are making this for kids leave the jalapeno out as it makes the dip quite spicy. Removing the seeds helps to reduce the amount of heat but even without the seeds 1/4 of a jalapeno pepper is still quite spicy. If you are a fan of spicy foods feel free to use as much as you want. I recommend starting with a small amount, tasting and adding more as needed.
** Agave is optional – I like it for a touch of sweetness but some prefer the dip without. I like it paired with the spicy of the jalapeno, pungent garlic flavor and the zesty lime juice.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: black bean dip, creamy bean dip, vegan bean dip