Rich and decadent chocolate combines with creamy sunflower seed butter and crispy brown rice cereal to create a fudgy and slightly crunchy treat. This quick, easy, no-bake dessert is perfect for a nutritious Valentine’s Day chocolate fix.
This fudgy and crispy chocolate bark is nut-free, soy-free, vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy. You can feel good knowing each bite is full of antioxidant rich-dark chocolate, whole grain cereal and protein rich sunflower seed butter. Sunflower seed butter contains heart healthy dietary fiber and is an excellent source of vitamin E, folate, copper, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium. It is also a good source of vitamin B6, iron and zinc. So you are getting loads of nutrients and fiber in every bite.
This recipe was a huge hit to make (and of course eat) with my three year old. Because it doesn’t require any complex steps or baking it made it easy for her to participate in the creation and feel part of the whole recipe. And if a three year old can make this recipe, so can you! 😉
If you give this dessert a try, let me know by leaving a comment and rating it! And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram so we can be chocolate obsessed buddies. Happy early Valentine’s Day, friends!
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy sunflower seed butter*
- 1 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir using a mini spatula to ensure chocolate has fully melted. Add the sunflower seed butter and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the cereal until well combined.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and using a mini spatula to spread out the mixture until it is in an even layer and about ¼ inch thick.
- Place baking sheet in your freezer for 1-2 hours until it is fully hardened.
- Break into pieces and enjoy immediately straight out of the freezer. Store leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container for up to one month.