The requested URL /b.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Nothing warms the heart and heals the soul better than homemade soup. It also happens to be a great way to use up leftover ingredients in your fridge. This recipe uses cooked chicken breast, cooked brown rice and almost all the veggies that were in my fridge. Really, this recipe can use any of your favorite veggies – bell peppers, peas, zucchini, spring onions, lima beans etc. It is a perfect way to put those veggies that may be nearing their sell-by date to good use.
The fresh lemon adds a burst of brightness and clean zing (plus a kick of vitamin C). Enjoy!
- 8 cups low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup fennel, diced
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- ¼ cup shallot, diced
- 1 cups carrot, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1-2 cooked chicken breasts, chunked into small cubes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring broth to boil and add all ingredients
- Cook for 20-30 minutes (or until carrots are tender)
- Remove bay leaf and serve