This is the perfect healthy snack!
These energy bites feature the amazing chia seed which offers more heart-healthy omega-3s than flax seeds. Plus, chia seeds contain calcium, magnesium, iron, protein and antioxidants.
The energy bites are also loaded with sunflower seed butter – high in the antioxidant vitamin E which may lower the risk of certain diseases. Sunflower seeds also offer heart-healthy fats, protein, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese.
So, pop this portable snack anytime of day for a perfect boost of protein, healthy fats and whole grains.
Bonus: Gluten-free, nut-free and vegan!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (gluten free)
- 4 tbsp whole chia seeds
- ⅓ cup mini dark-chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup brown rice crisp cereal
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine oats, chocolate and rice cereal
- Stir in sunflower butter, agave syrup and vanilla extract
- Wet hands and form into small balls (about 1.5 inch diameter)
- Set each ball in glass container
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes
- Enjoy anytime!