The requested URL /b.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Cauliflower is high in vitamin C, which is important for growth and repair of body tissues, helps heal cuts and wounds and keep teeth and gums healthy. Vitamin C also aids in iron absorption making this soup an excellent choice before an iron-packed meal.
- Cauliflower is also a good source of folate (folic acid), which helps the body form red blood cells and may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord defect. Women of childbearing age who may become pregnant should consume adequate folate from foods in addition to supplements.
- Plus, cauliflower offers up a good amount of dietary fiber which helps reduce cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease. Fiber is also important for proper bowel function and helps reduce constipation and diverticulosis. Fiber-containing foods such as cauliflower help provide a feeling of fullness with fewer calories – making it great for weight management.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower – roughly chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock (not broth)
- 2 green onions
- Sauté shallot, onion and cauliflower in oil, salt and pepper in a large pot on medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil
- Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes on medium heat
- Let cool and then transfer to blender
- Blend until smooth – no chunks
- Garnish with slices of green onion