Take your salad to the next level with this unique and healthy salad dressing. This Latin-inspired dressing is smooth with a sweet and zesty finish from the lime, cilantro and honey combination. Herbs like cilantro and citrus fruits like limes are a great way to cut down on salt and oil in your dressings. Cilantro and lime adds powerful flavor – plus, limes offer an excellent dose of vitamin C.
I recommend using on top of romaine lettuce with shrimp and your favorite fresh veggies. It also makes a great marinade for chicken or any type of seafood. And, it can even be mixed into cooked quinoa and served as a cold salad.
- 1 lime
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste (about 1 tsp)
- Sea salt to taste (about ½ tsp)
- Zest and juice one lime into a mini food processor
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator