A no-cook, healthy breakfast that you can make the night before – no fuss in the morning! It is full of fiber, fruit and whole grains to start your day on the right track.
Health Benefits of Breakfast
Why is breakfast important? It kick-starts your metabolism for the day and helps give your body the energy it needs to think faster and more clearly while preventing overeating later in the day by keeping you satisfied. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a healthy breakfast. It sets the tone for your entire day.
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or any plant-based milk
- ⅓ cup steel cut oats (gluten-free if desired)
- ½ cup fresh seasonal fruit (suggestion: ½ cup nectarine (diced), blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw walnut pieces or sunflower seeds
- Combine oats and milk in glass container overnight
- In the morning, stir in the maple syrup.
- Top with fresh seasonal fruit and nuts/seeds (optional)