Loaded with fresh veggies and a powerful pesto-like flavor makes getting your nutrients fun!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 bag of baby carrots (about 2 cups)
- 1 bag of mixed broccoli and cauliflower (about 4 cups)
- 4 cup low sodium broth
- 1 carton of fresh spinach (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 cup fresh basil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat
- Add chopped onions, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and saute for 10 minutes
- Add broth and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until veggies are very tender
- Turn heat off
- Add remaining ingredients to pot
- Using an immersion hand blender, blend all ingredients until smooth while in pot (if you don’t have an immersion hand blender than transfer to food processor or blender)
- Serve in bowls immediately or store
Health Benefits of Veggies
This flavorful vegetable soup is loaded with essential vitamins, minerals and fiber that are important for overall good health. Vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories and are incredibly filling. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, healthy diets rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases.
Calculate how many fruits and vegetables YOU need per day based on your weight, age and activity level.