This amazingly decadent dessert is allergy friendly, gluten-free and vegan (especially great for those with nut allergies). The inside is full of heart-healthy sunflower seed butter and mixed with crunchy chocolate granola. The outside is a crunchy chocolate shell. The final product is similar to a Ferrero Rocher.
Makes 8-10 truffles
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate mega chunks
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Crunch Granola (1/2 cup for inside and ½ cup for outside)
- Melt chocolate and oil in double boiler and set aside
- Combine sunbutter with agave nectar and vanilla extract in mix bowl
- Stir in ½ cup granola
- Roll 8-10 balls of the sunbutter/granola mixture
- Place ½ cup remaining granola on flat surface
- Dip each ball in the melted chocolate and then roll in the remaining granola so the outside of each ball is fully coated
- Place each ball on plate lined with parchment paper
- Place in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes
- Enjoy in moderation
Health Benefits of Sunflower Seed Butter
- Sunflower seeds contain less saturated fat than peanuts
- Sunflower seeds contain heart-healthy fats, protein, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese
- Sunflower seeds are high in vitamin E, an antioxidant that may lower the risk of certain diseases and can help protect cells against damage. In fact, according to the American Dietetic Association, 1 oz. of sunflower seeds provides ½ of the Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamin E.
- Sunflower seeds are high in the mineral selenium. According to the National Institute of Health, selenium is essential for good health and helps to prevent cellular damage from free radicals. Free radicals may contribute to the development of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Selenium also helps regulate thyroid function and plays a role in the immune system.