This heavenly dessert is for everyone out there without an ice cream maker (and with a dairy allergy)!I wanted an easy to make, quick dessert that was dairy free… I have been experimenting with the ingredients and proportions and so far this is the best combo for a rich and creamy texture with the right amount of chocolate decadence.
You can feel good about indulging in this chocolaty dessert without all the calories and fat that comes with standard chocolate ice cream. The wonderful thing about using cocoa powder is you get the entire flavor that is divine about chocolate without all the added sugar.
The almond butter is a key component of this recipe as it adds some great creaminess.
I paired it with a gluten-free ice cream cone my husband found for me at Whole Foods the other day (pictured).
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (frozen cherries work well too)
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter (Trader Joe’s almond butter is my favorite)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (Trader Joe’s makes a great one and so does Ghirardelli)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1-2 packets of Stevia or your favorite sweetener
- Place all ingredients in blender or mini food processor and mix on the lowest setting for 1 minute (if ingredients are not blending then wait 3-5 minutes for berries to soften a bit)
- Optional: Feel free to experiment with adding vanilla extract or cinnamon for different flavors
- Place mixture in bowl and cover with plastic wrap
- Let sit in freezer for at least 10 minutes
- Serve in bowl or ice cream cone
|Shown in a bowl with Enjoy Life mini dark chocolate chips.|