Watermelon-Lime Berry Fusion
After a Memorial Day BBQ party you are typically left with watermelon and possibly a hangover. The inspiration for this smoothie came from that very situation. I wanted to create an incredibly thirst-quenching “cooler” to enjoy on a hot and humid day. Watermelon is 92% water and 8% sugar, plus it has electrolytes to help with your hangover.
This incredibly refreshing beverage will perk you right up with invigorating lime, hydrating melon and sweet strawberries and raspberries.
- 2 cups fresh seedless watermelon
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 lime
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Place watermelon, strawberries and raspberries in blender
- Zest lime and set aside for garnish
- Squeeze lime juice into blender
- Add ice and blend until fully incorporated
- Serve immediately and garnish with lime zest and extra raspberries
The star of this recipe is clearly the watermelon which is technically a vegetable and part of the cucumber and squash family. Who knew!? This vegetable in disguise also contains high concentrations of lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant that may reduce your risk of cancer and other diseases. Enjoy the taste, immediate uplifting perks and the long-term health benefits of this easy to make watermelon recipe.
This entry was posted in beverage, breakfast, gluten-free, juice, smoothie, vegan
. Bookmark the permalink
. or leave a trackback: Trackback URL