The requested URL /b.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
There are so many fun ways to cook quinoa. This particular recipe is one of my all time favorites. The nutty flavor of the pistachios combined with the tart and sweet flavor of the cranberries makes this quinoa oh-so-special. And, the colors add a festive note to any holiday meal.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups broth, reduced sodium
- 1 yellow and/or red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup dry roasted and salted pistachio halves
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in large pot then add shallots and quinoa
- Sauté for 5 minutes until quinoa is lightly toasted
- Add broth and bring to boil
- Add the yellow bell pepper, cranberries and pistachios
- Cook until liquid is fully absorbed (usually about 20 minutes)
- Season with garlic and black pepper
Pistachios are one of the lowest fat, lowest calorie and highest fiber nuts.
Health Benefits of Quinoa