Outdoor Smartphone binaere Optionen Mytoys Gutscheincode 2013
This is pesto with a vegan twist… no cheese! This makes a great side or main dish and is also gluten-free.
2 cups quinoa, rinsed
4 cups water
2 cups fresh basil, rinsed and dried
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup walnuts
4 garlic cloves, pressed
- Bring water to boil and add quinoa
- Cook for 20 minutes until quinoa is translucent and all water is absorbed
- Mix pesto sauce ingredients in mini food processor until smooth
- Add pesto sauce to cooked quinoa and stir until evenly distributed
- Garnish with fresh bail leaves and serve hot or cold
The vegan pesto sauce contains heart healthy fats from the walnuts, zero cholesterol and much lower saturated fat than a classic pesto recipe. The sauce can also be used on whole wheat pasta, brown rice or even fresh fish.
P.S. did you know quinoa is a seed and not a grain!?
This entry was posted in quinoa, side, vegan
. Bookmark the permalink
. or leave a trackback: Trackback URL