Chocolate Dessert Quinoa
This recipe takes quinoa to a whole new level. I have featured quinoa as a hot entrée, cold side dish, breakfast option – and now I’m touting it as a dessert. Stay with me here…
Quinoa is basically flavorless which allows for creativity in its preparation. It absorbs liquid and flavor well while staying light and fluffy. This is what makes it such a flexible food in terms of when and how you can serve it up.
Similar to rice pudding, this dish is velvety and naturally sweet. By adding just a small amount of dark chocolate (1 tablespoon) you get that rich, decadent flavor that you expect with any chocolate dessert. This light dessert is nothing short of delightful.
One-Two Servings (depending on how much room you leave for dessert and how much of a chocoholic you are)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or ‘milk’ of your choice)
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- Bring 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk to a boil on your stovetop
- Add quinoa, chocolate, cinnamon and stevia and stir until milk is fully absorbed (takes about 15 minutes)
- Garnish with extra chocolate chips if desired (they will melt anyways but not as thoroughly) and serve with ½ cup cold or warm almond milk as a topper (it will get absorbed by the quinoa fairly quickly so add more if desired).
This entry was posted in dessert, quinoa, vegan
. Bookmark the permalink
. or leave a trackback: Trackback URL