Are you in search of the ‘perfect breakfast’? Well look no further… this breakfast solution includes the must-haves for an all-star breakfast: a combination of lean protein, whole grains and fruit. Plus, it tastes creamy and a bit like dessert (something to look forward to in the morning).
I recommend preparing this the night before as it will likely take about 20 minutes total. It can be enjoyed hot or cold depending on your preference. If cold, I recommend pouring the extra cup of almond milk on top just before eating. In this way, it will taste somewhat like a soft breakfast cereal. The other fantastic way to enjoy this dish is served hot with cold ‘milk’ as a topper. The quinoa will slowly absorb the ‘milk’ so keep adding as needed/desired.
- Breakfast is so important for kick starting your metabolism in the A.M. – it gives your body the fuel and energy it needs to move, think and be happy.
- Quinoa is a great way to ‘get your breakfast on’ – it is an ancient grain that is actually a complete protein and a whole grain all in one. In this way, I consider it to be a magical food! The almond milk and almond butter provide you with fiber, the antioxidant vitamin E and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat that won’t raise your cholesterol.
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or ‘milk’ of your choice)
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw, unsalted almond butter (optional)
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- ½ cup raspberries or blueberries (or berry of your choice)
- Bring 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk to a boil on your stovetop
- Add quinoa, almond butter, cinnamon and stevia and stir until milk is fully absorbed (takes about 15 minutes)
- Garnish with your fruit and add 1 cup cold almond milk (or store immediately and add berries and milk later)